When starting a business, one of the most important things that you will need to have is great software that can keep track of all of your employees and also your customers and prospects. If you have been searching online for such software you have probably came across a kind of software called Contact Management Software, or CRM for short. This software will allow you to manage multiple items, such as: leads, customers, orders, sales reps, contact information, marketing, schedules, follow up dates, communication, etc.
This article is written with the intent so that you can select that best CRM for your business. Not all Contact Management Software are created equal so keep an eye out for detail before you fork over a down payment or subscribe to a monthly fee of any kind.
Top 6 Contact Management Software To AVOID AT ALL COST
1) The kind that use an online based software: Using a CRM that is based on line is one of the most dangerous things that you can be doing because you are completely out of control of the situation. Let me explain. If your Contact Management Software is based online, the moment that the company that sold you the software goes out of business, or changes their direction for the future, then your CRM is a toast. Which will mean that all of your work inside of the CRM will be gone as well. Look for a Contact Management Software that you can use directly on your windows desk top, independent of the internet.
2) A Contact Management Software that has a limit on how many clients you can import or have in the system: using a system of this nature to run your company is business slavery. Imagine purchasing a CRM and then come to find out that it can only hold 1,000 contacts. Once you reach that limit, you can not just “upgrade”, but will have to purchase another CRM. Which means that you are going to have to run your business off of two software. Make sure that the Contact Management Software that you are working with has unlimited amounts of contacts and imports available.
3) That Doesn’t Have The Ability To Communicate Directly With Your Prospects & Clients Within The Same System: When looking into a CRM make sure that is has e-mail capabilities integrated into the software. Meaning, that if you want to send an e-mail or fax to someone you can do so at a click of a button. This is powerful because now you can send and receive e-mails from your clients and prospects all within the same system. Instead of relying on a third party system OUTSIDE of your Contact Management Software.
4) That Doesn’t Have The Ability To Prospect & Market Your Product or Service Through Your Contact Management Software: what good is a software that doesn’t help you to acquire more clients and help you to make more money? Any kind of CRM that doesn’t help you do that is a software that your business can do without. A great Contact Management Software will allow you to work directly with your social media audience. It will allow you to extract leads on line through a lead extractor. In short, make sure that the CRM that you are using has major marketing features.
6) That Doesn’t Have The Ability To Conduct Surveys: The last thing that you want to do is conduct a business without knowing what your customers are thinking. One of the best ways to find out what your customers are thinking is through conducting surveys. The Contact Management Software that you use should have this feature integrated inside, that way you can conduct surveys directly through your CRM.
There are literally dozens and dozens of items that you should avoid when selecting your Contact Management Software. Just make sure that you get all this information BEFORE you pay for the system. That way their are no surprises after you purchase the software.